I studied German Studies at the joint Carolina-Duke Graduate Program in the USA, Cultural History and Theory, as well as Spanish Philology at the Humboldt-University in Berlin and Anthropology, Sociology and Jewellery Design at the University of New South Wales in Sydney, Australia.
For my Master’s thesis in German Studies, I did a close-reading of Walter Benjamin’s metaphors on childhood reading and collecting. In my Master’s thesis in Cultural History, I combined classic art history with current approaches in German media studies to examine ideal body images in the form of historical tattoo imagery. For my Bachelor’s thesis, I applied Roland Barthes’ theory on everyday “mythologies” to the iconic advertising legend “Nivea”.
Research and Study Focus: myth and media theory, art and cultural history, literature and linguistics, aesthetics and poetics, material culture and visual studies, museology and cultural management.
– Master’s in German Studies
– Master’s in Cultural History and Theory
– Bachelor’s in Cultural History and Theory and Spanish Philology
Overview: Academic Education
- 2016 – 2018 Master of Arts at the Carolina-Duke Graduate Program in German Studies | Duke University and University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
- 2012 – 2015 Master of Arts in Cultural History and Theory | Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany
- 2010 – 2016 Research and Teaching Assistant at the Institute for Cultural History and Theory | Humboldt University of Berlin | Institut für Kulturwissenschaft
- 2013 Volunteer work with the WWF | survey on the Millenium Development Goals | Wamena, Papua, Indonesia
- 2012 – 2013 Internship in the Cultural Program of the Goethe Institute |Jakarta, Indonesia |à Praktikumsnachweis
- 2008 – 2012 Bachelor’s Degree in Cultural History and Theory & Spanish Philology | Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany | Interview Bachelor’s Thesis
- 2010 Internship at the Art Gallery “Tanja Wagner” | Berlin | à Praktikumsnachweis
- 2010 Volunteer work at the Aboriginal Art Center “Warlukurlangu” | Yuendumu, Northern Territory, Australia
- 2010 Student Exchange Semester | University of New South Wales | Sydney, Australia | à upload: transcript
- 2008 – 2009 Student Assistant at the German Parliament | Commitee of Education and Research | Berlin | à Praktkumsnachweis
- 2005 – 2006 Intercultural Exchange Year | Rotary International | Universidad Internacional Bachillerato Uninter | Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico |à transcript UNAM
- 2001 – 2005 High School at the “Neues Gymnasium Oldenburg” | European baccalaureate for University admission | Oldenburg, Lower Saxony, Germany |à transcript/Abiturzeugnis